Summer school with IFM
Discover the fashion summer school of La Fabrique and Institut Français de la Mode.
English-taught program with courses, workshops and visits.
Paris is a dream city for anyone interested in fashion, culture, history, arts…
French craftsmanship and "savoir-faire" are recognized worldwide and build on centuries of history as well as the most innovative technics.
What better way of understanding the keys to French "savoir-faire" than experiencing some of them yourself?
- To analyze the foundations of French culture and French lifestyle
- To apprehend the creative process
- To comprehend the specificities of French craftsmanship
- To understand what makes Paris unique in terms of creation
- To experiment three aspects of creation around leatherwork, cuisine and perfumery
Course topics include:
- French luxury: a historical and contemporary view
- French fashion history and contemporary designers
- Paris as a creative brand
- The work and the creative process of a perfumer
- French Art de vivre in gastronomy, wine and beauty
- French culture and its influence in different sectors
- Know-how and craftsmanship: key strategic assets
- Know-how and territory: the importance of local culture
- Specificities of iconic leathergoods from three luxury houses: Hermès, Chanel and Vuitton
Discovery of leathergoods and saddlery
- Different kinds of leather and their uses
- Demonstration of saddle stitching
- DIY: making a leather wallet
Discovery of gastronomy
- The creative process of a chef
- Discovery of different fine gourmet homes of Paris Rive Gauche
- DIY: making and tasting a meal with a chef, experiencing French pastry
Discovery of perfumes and the creative process of a perfumer
- Raw materials specific to making a perfume
- DIY: designing and making an Eau de Toilette
- Visit of a Parisian Metier d’Art Workshop
- Guided visit of Baccarat Museum
- Guided visit of Exhibition “Fashion Forward : 3 Fashion Centuries”
- Musée des Arts Décoratifs
This program alternates between knowledge input, workshops in some of France’s finest applied art schools and field trips in Paris. You will be given the opportunity to visit exceptional places and to experience French savoir-faire.
IFM Paris 13 – LA FABRIQUE Paris 17 – FERRANDI Paris 6 – ISIPCA Versailles
This program is open to university-level students, recent graduates and young adults from any academic background who have an interest in fashion, gastronomy, perfumes and French culture. No previous experience or knowledge of the subject is required.
Dates: From Monday 3 to Thursday 13 July 2017
Schedule: 10am to 5pm
Cost: € 1800 (VAT included)
12 participants maximum
- Inscription summer school La Fabrique (335.95 KB)